Thursday, March 24, 2011

American Girl Quilt

For Valentine's Day I decided that I wanted to make something for my kids. The girls and I have been talking about how to decorate their rooms and what color scheme they would like. T decided she wanted red and black (with a little white), and K decided that bright colors would be fun (after a little help from Mom, seeing we already had some fun bright pillows). I thought it would kill 2 birds with one stone if I made quilts for their beds. So I did. I made them each a fun soft quilt (they call them "Movie quilts") and then I got a quilt top done for each girl.
I had extra fabric left over from the quilts and decided that their new American Girls, Julie and Ashley, needed to have matching bedding. So with the scraps I made a couple cute, quick, little quilts.
The girls loved them, and so do Julie and Ashley, I am told.











Quilt tops to come soon!
Happy stitchin'
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment